Trump, the 'Deep State,' and the Democrats
September 16, 2019
- The next president's agenda should not be to restore the national security status quo but to overhaul it.
Iran Isn't Another Iraq. Its a Different Kind of War
August 18, 2019
- Are the tit-for-tat exchanges between Iran and the West a prelude to a shooting war? Or are they a substitute for full-blown war?
Gina Haspel's Classmates Set the Record Straight on Lakenheath High
July 21, 2019
- The education of the CIA director was not insulated, demanding or militaristic, say classmates.
Maduro’s Ex-Spy Chief Details Role of NSC Official in 'Homegrown' Venezuela Uprising
June 26, 2019
- Mauricio Claver-Carone, NSCA director for Latin American policy, plotted under the code name 'Child Eater.'
Richard Holbrooke's Empty Legacy for 2020 Democrats
June 11, 2019
- He was one of the Democratic Party's leading voices on foreign policy from Vietnam to Bosnia to Afghanistan. What the next president can learn from his life story.